The Technology Transfer Interface Ltd (T3I) was established to respond to a growing need for high quality consulting in the field of Research Commercialisation in newer EU member states and transition economies. The core focus of activity is commercialisation of R&D from the public sector (Government Research Institutes, Universities and their Faculties) and enhanced Open Innovation mechanisms (collaborative and contract research, consulting and Open Access Laboratories).
The company has worked extensively in the Western Balkans and Baltic states and Eastern Europe to assist in the technology transfer and commercialisation of publically funded research. Territories covered include: Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, FYR Macedonia, Albania, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Turkey and Ukraine.
The company provides consulting on individual technology projects and programmes including:
- Assessment and evaluation of R&D outputs using clear and transparent rating and ranking methodologies.
- IP strategy development including advising on patent and trademark applications and clearance searches.
- Business strategy development to identify a route to market, viable business strategy, identification of licensing partners, negotiation of heads of terms and brokerage of licensing deals.
- Business formation, investment readiness and securing risk (venture) finance for emerging start-ups and spinoffs.
- Support to innovation management of R&D to improve project outcomes.
- Design and implementation of funding instruments including Proof of Concept and Seed funds.
- Capacity building through training and mentoring.
T3I is also increasingly involved in Research and Innovation Policy and Strategy, including the Smart Specialisation Strategies for the European Commission, INTERREG cross boarder R&I actions for the Special EU Programme Board (SEUPB) and Open Sciences and Mobility actions for the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC).