The EU Funded ‘EU4TECH PoC’ Project has come to an end! Over the course of 24 months, 48 projects from the region have received...
The EU4Tech PoC WB project is now closed
The project was active from January 2019 to December 2021. This website is available for information and downloads but it no longer being monitored or updated.
The EU4TECH WB PoC Project was funded under multi-country IPA to provide hands-on support in taking 40+ promising technology based projects from the Western Balkans at the ‘Proof of Concept Stage’ closer to market. Projects originated from Public Research Organisations (PROs) and eligible enterprises (start-ups/ SMEs) the Western Balkans.
Over the 24 months the project team offered hands on assistance to 48 projects to help them validate and protect technology, develop a robust business model and move a project closer to the market.
For a summary of the project and results see our final stakeholder publication.
Specific objectives of the project:
- To foster and support the development of a healthy technology transfer pipeline in the region;
- To provide early stage support that addresses the TRL3 to TRL4 ‘gap’ (Proof of Concept and Validation) between traditional funding for innovation in public research organisations and funding provided by private enterprises;
- To increase the capacity of researchers and intermediaries to identify a robust route to market and build a strong commercialisation strategy;
- To contribute to the development of local business angel and venture capital investor base;
- To encourage knowledge exchange and technology transfer across and beyond the region;
- To understand what concrete measures could be put in place to facilitate the growth of technology transfer focused financial instruments such as equity investments.
Coverage: Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia)
Contacting authority: DG NEAR with technical support from JRC.